What an interesting summer. I had plans for a busy July visiting family and introducing my kids to my favorite things about Utah, but as soon as I got out of our Nissan X-Terra I realized I was pregnant.
REALLY pregnant. I was as sick as a dog for 2 months. My poor mom and mother-in-law. It was all I could do to keep up basic personal hygiene. Sometime in late August I picked up a random Janet Evanovich novel and was so disgusted by the level of writing that I sat down and cranked out about a page per night for a week. It was a lot of fun to re-read my old stuff. Then we got back to Texas to a new house and were just learning our way around the kitchen and neighborhood when Hurricane Ike hit, and we were without all electricity for two weeks.
All in all, it has been a strange season, but I'm back to writing.
7 comments:
Welcome back! I've been wondering how you have been doing! Pregnant huh? Congrats! Do you normally get sick? I can't imagine living without power for 2 weeks - yikes! I know exactly what felt advent calendar you are talking about. I think your mom made us one too, and we used it every year, my mom still uses it. I haven't seen any quilted ones, but I will keep an eye out and let you know if I find anything! Glad to see you back :)
Ahhhhhh! *grabs face* *stomps feet* I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations!!!
(I'm exclaimation point happy today. Sorry.)
It's good to have you back. Looking forward to reading your blog again.
I'm so glad you made an entry again, this is the only way Mark and I know what is going on with the guys. Congrats about the pregenancy!! Do you know if you are having a girl or boy? Where are you guys living now?
We are planning to head down to Texas over the Christmas break are you guys going to be around or will you in Utah? If you are around we definitely want to see you guys!
Welcome back and congratulations.
R.
ADE!!! I totally miss you! I need to call you to hear about your pregnancy. I know if I ever got on WOW I'd probably see you there...
Anyway, I am so so happy you are writing again. I've been reading a lot...I need to get back to writing too.
Call me if/when you want to talk!
I hope that you're feeling better. When is the baby due? I keep hoping that you and Sterling come out to visit us here. Maybe since you have come out here for the past few years, Jake and I should travel out to Texas.
You'll have to check out my blog: coloradokimballs.blogspot.com
Post a Comment