Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Golden Post! (isn't that a breakfast cereal?)

This is my 50th post on this blog.

Today I broke down and went through Holly Lisle's Plot Outline course and really boiled down my main character's wants, needs, and fears. She's such an intellectual that it was hard for me to use her biography as a stimulus for action (plot). But the big disaster in the opening motivates her to action and also introduces a world-class action hero and another intellectual for her to play off. Anyway, I jotted down 20 scenes I think I need more like 100, but it's a start. Maybe it's the amateur in me but I hate writing without direction. My characters are finally squared away, now I just have to throw them into disasters (or help them create their own).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say congratulations on 50 posts. Keep writing.

I think the cereal is Golden Grahams and it's made by Post, but I could be wrong. =)