Sunday, March 23, 2008

Writing a novel

Some critics are saying that the novel is dead. Still other critics are saying the novel is dying. I say that sounds like the kind of cause I like. So I'm writing a novel. My goal is 100 words a day written, and one hour a day to read fiction. Visit my goodreads list to see what I've read and what I'm reading here. http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/861865. You may need to be a member of goodreads to see it.

Anyway, I wrote 415 words and fine-tuned two chapters. Caught some inconsistencies in the process.

3 comments:

Jake said...

Three days writing and you haven't let me know? Unpardonable.

Do you want to join the Word Counters Union, or are you keeping this on the downlow for now? I belive the union boss, Ing, http://www.dallenrose.com/blog/?page_id=68, is offering a 10% discount, along with a limited edition truckers hat bearing the inscription "You can count my words if I can count yours", but only if you sign up before April 1. :)

Ben said...

Adrienne, I'm glad you decided to begin the word count challenge! There is a website set up, if you want to join the Union.

http://www.wordcountbuddies.byethost33.com/

Adrienne said...

Yeah, I'll join the union. I can't wait to beat up scabs! And picketers! And people who don't vote the way they're told!