Friday, November 6, 2009

Writing again


I haven't wanted to announce it or officially post any word counts but after a month of working on this story I'm still really excited about it, so, it's official, I'm working on a book. It's the story of an artist in the 1880s. It's got the depth and drama of Rembrandt and the mass appeal of Thomas Kinkade. I think it will have a slightly sad ending. Actually I know it will have a sad ending, but I hope the reader cares enough for the characters so that they are sad. I'm handwriting it, so my word counts are just estimates. I'm also doing the National Write a Novel in a Month competition. Just keep writing, just keep writing, just keep writing writing.

4 comments:

Jen said...

That is awesome! I dont like sad ending books much, they are too much like real life, I like to get lost in a book, that being said I still think its awesome that you are writing a book!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Terrific. Sending good vibes your way. I'm trying to get through editing but the writing bug is calling me, I'll admit it. Editing can be so uplifting sometimes, others not so much. . . and it's the others that makes me want to stop and write again. =)

Mars said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited! And way to go for coming up with something uplifting (art) to write about. All my ideas are less wholesome...

I'm so excited!

Prudy said...

Oh, I'm in already. You've got so much talent, if I didn't love you so much, I might have to hate you. Hee hee. Seriously, put me down for twenty copies! Best of luck!