For anyone who has seen this month's Friend magazine, the cover a cute cartoonish picture of a pioneer family in a covered wagon. I was looking at with Sterling A. and he could point out the mother, father, boy, baby, and pulling the wagon, a Triceratops. That's what he thought it was. I had to laugh, it made my day.
We are learning about the potty these days. We have a little one someone gave us (EW second-hand kid toilet!) that he likes to use. He gets praise if he sits on it to hang out (he used to be afraid of toilets), and chocolate chips if he does anything. So far it's been liquid success at least once a day, and I am keeping him in diapers. We also have this interesting plug-in lightup toy thing (it's like a TV but with a scrolling picture) he likes to watch while he's sitting. And he doesn't like anyone in the bathroom with him. He says "Don't see me, mom." So I blog while he's in there and celebrate when he's done.
2 comments:
ahhh, potty training is so fun! NOT! Hey - you can come use those disney passes anytime you want! I'd love to have company! Kim is coming to visit me at the end of July...without her kids! We are going to have a blast :)
I remember potty training. It was weird, but I let my boys run around half naked for a couple months. Drove my parents crazy but I never had any accidents. Given the choice of having anything run down their legs or sitting on the potty, they chose the potty every time. Then we graduated to underpants for a little bit every day until they got used to them. As strange as it was having a half naked little boy running around the house, it made life much easier in the end. I mean, it doesn't work when you go to, say, Walmart, they kind of frown on things like that, but it worked at home. =)
Post a Comment