Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fun things to do in UT (taking suggestions)

Here's some things I want to do while visiting my family:
1. Cookout in the mountains
2. Payson lake (walk, swim)
3. Trail ride on horses up West Mountain
4. Utah Shakespearean Festival
5. Board games
6. Sing around the piano
7. Get Eleanor some violin lessons
8. Seven Peaks
9. Eat at Carl's Jr. and Crown Burger
10. Get a shake at that one place...
11. Heber Creeper
12. Visit Joe and Miranda, Rob and Jeana
13. Take Eleanor and Sam to the Bean Museum
14. Temple Square
15. Isn't there a candy factory somewhere?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, you have to visit the Shakespearean Festival! I haven't been since I moved away from Utah, and I miss it. :(

And since it looks like you'll be kicking around Utah Valley, here are a couple more things:
-- Get tater tots and a Tornado shake at the Purple Turtle in Pleasant Grove.
-- Eat at Burger Supreme in Provo (it's Utah Valley's answer to Crown Burger in SLC).
-- Assuming you like Mexican food, eat at Los Hermanos; preferably the Provo location, in the sun room with all the plants.

I assume these places still exist...it's been a good 3 years or more since I've been to any of them.

Then, if you follow my advice, you'll have eaten way too much heavy food, and will need to exercise some of the calories off, so you should hike to the top of Mt. Timpanogos (Nebo or some lesser peak will do, or maybe mountain biking the trails around Sundance).

Anonymous said...

Sorry for monopolizing the comments, but...

The Greek Festival in Salt Lake City!

It might be on in Sept. rather than August...I forget...but if it's on while you're in the area, you have to go. AMAZING food, a 5k run, and all sorts of interesting things to see.

Unknown said...

go geocaching! I hear that Utah is way into it :)

Adrienne said...

Wow thanks for the comments! I've always wondered about geocaching. Would a Garmin running watch have a gps thingie on it that's good enough to do it?

Another factor in all of this is I have 2 little kids, so as much as i love hiking, I might not be able to pull off a 20-miler.

Ben said...

You might try Timpanogos Cave. It's a relatively short hike, though steep, and the cave is amazing. Be sure to take jackets (especially for the little ones) because the cave is pretty cold.

Amelia Murdock said...

dude we did like 60 percent of those things

awesome family