Friday, February 26, 2010

Rent this Movie!!!

Luther

Sterling and I are like Jack Sprat and his wife when it comes to history. He knows a lot about Mongolians, Aztecs, Egyptians, Russians, Slavs, Vikings. (Basically, all the violent brutes ahaha....) Oh and he likes the Civil War. I know about Europe, Greece, Rome, and more Europe. I like the history of philosophy, disasters, and politics. Sterling tends toward the history of exploration, science, and war. And so between the two of us, we licked the platter clean.

This movie was a gripping thriller for the one of us who is not familiar with the story of Martin Luther. (Sterling: AHHH Adrienne, do they burn him or not? Tell me! I can't take the suspense!) Sadly, most of us are more familiar with Martin Luther King, Jr. This movie is our new favorite Sunday relaxation film. It really makes you realize how brave the early Protestants had to be, and how many things went wrong in the course of the early Reformation.


Joseph Fiennes is amazing. Whether or not he really believes in Jesus and a loving Heavenly Father, he sure acts like it. (He played Christ on stage in a play called Son of Man). Anyway, I love love LOVE this film. Everything was so well done.


Did I mention Joseph Fiennes? AWWWwhhwhwgghghhwhwwwh (sound of me drooling)
He was the youngest of 6 kids. He is a twin and was born in 1970. Don't get your hopes up, his brother, Jacob, is a fraternal twin. But apparently the genetics are super good in his family. His brother Ralph was born in 1962 and is the oldest, in case you've wondered about their connection. He is 8th cousin to HRH the Prince of Wales (but aren't we all?)

1 comment:

Natalie R. said...

I knew that Joseph and Ralph were brothers, but I didn't know they had so many other siblings, how fun! I haven't seen Luther yet, I'll have to try to find it at the library.

Someday I hope I can have a conversation with you and your husband - I think it would be a really fun and very informative conversation!! I feel like I've forgotten so much of the history I used to know, maybe you guys can help me remember some of it. :0)