Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Melissa

My cousin Melissa is something like five years older than me. I'm really not sure. I was born in 1982, I have no idea when she was born. Anyway, she was always the older prettier smarter cousin at those Landes reunions. I was the snotty little cousin who liked to play ponies, or maybe play in the orchard behind their house. I remember playing piano for her wedding, and I felt honored by the request. It was a lovely wedding. And that was the last I saw of her for about 8 years. Then out of nowhere she flew into Houston for a scrapbooking conference. (She's a genius crafter) I was a little nervous seeing her after all these years of no contact, but we had such a wonderful time talking over McDonald's burgers in downtown. Then we started hanging out at each others blogs. Then they moved across the country and they stopped at our house for a few hours. We loved hanging out and were touched that they would take the time to do that. I am in awe of her husband's service and her strength as a wife and mother. Someday I hope to have some kind of joint Disneyworld experience with them. Until then, Melissa, you are awesome and I hope you know that.

Also, I can't access your blog anymore with my google sign in. So uh, I guess change that email you have for me to: adriennemann@gmail dot com. I know you're busy, and I know you asked me a long time ago for my email for this exact reason, and I totally muffed it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ohhh, you are too sweet!! And, I don't have any real talent like you! I love you :) I'll use your new email. I was wondering why you hadn't accepted my request...I thought you were ignorning me!

Unknown said...

and that would be ignoring...please don't be afraid that I'm homeschooling and don't know how to spell...my fingers just go faster than my head sometimes!

Amelia Murdock said...

Melissa!
Request me!! please!
amelialandes@gmail.com

oops, should I not have given that out on here?
I don't know but please I miss your blog