Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Summer is finally over!


Ohhhh the relief. Now it should start to cool down to a temperature that can sustain carbon-based life. Yesterday was the perfect start to the new season. Drizzly, cool, breezy. Not even that humid. Like I finally got to crawl into a giant AC unit. It being the first day of Fall, we dragged out our jackets and went splashing through the gutters.

Hasta La Vista Summer! Get away for another year!We also had a fall kickoff dinner with maple-glazed pork chops, mashed potatoes (thanks Honey!), sauteed apples, and apple turnovers. And the ubiquitous Adrienne Mann family celebratory drink, Guarana!

Weird apple turnovers made with Phyllo dough (my first ever phyllo dough experiement). The filling was good, but the dough basically tasted like paper.
Elle learned "It's Autumntime" (hands separately) and she would play one hand while I played the other, so it was like a duet! Happy Autumn everyone :)

2 comments:

Mars said...

Fun! Other than eating paper, seems like a great start to my favorite season. (And don't feel bad- phylo dough is always like paper.)

Anonymous said...

I have to agree. I know I'm late on commenting on your post, but I'm so happy summer is over. Went the whole summer without air conditioning because of trying to save money. Fall is my favorite time of year. Hope is going good for you!!