Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

As an object lesson that marriage doesn't guarantee that you'll always have a date for V-day, I spent my Valentine's day re-reading Stephenie Meyer and listening to Jewel. Alone. Waaaaaa

But seriously, I am so proud of my husband for making the trek up to South Dakota to be with his family as they celebrate the long life of his Grandpa Bud. I really admire his devotion to his family.

Gosh, I was going to go on a long list of all the things I love about my husband, but it just seems too personal. All I can say is, this has been the best year of our marriage, thanks Honey!

2 comments:

Mars said...

Sounds like a good alone V-Day activity. I spent mine watching a musical and making a welcome home banner for Jofus. Then I watched a romantic comedy and ate junk. It was great!

Anonymous said...

Just remember, it's not about being together physically. I think you have a great grasp on V-day. Appreciate. That's the best gift.

Sorry, I'm in a sappy mood. =)